Wow, El Scorchio!!!! Isn’t it wonderful, the summer still exists in the UK. Who knew?! I’m sure you are all enjoying it, bar the restless nights.
Being a nation used to grey skies we perhaps aren’t all best equipped when we do have a heat wave. I see parents wrestling on the beach down here with so-called ‘pop up tents’ like they are fighting a giant squid. So I thought I would share my two favourite things that are getting my daughter and I through this heat safely.
First up, the best and easiest brolly for shade I have seen or used. This is the SKLZ SPORT BRELLA!
I LOVE mine, it opens up like a normal umbrella just a very big one. You stick the spike into the sand or grass and then open up the two side flaps and pin them down with the pegs. Done. No poles to add, no wrestling it back into a round shape to squash back into it’s bag. Simple. It’s UVA & UVB protection and I get asked where I got it every time I use it. Best thing I ever bought for the summer.
- Quick shade protection from sun, wind and rain
- Easiest setup sun shelter available thanks to folding umbrella action
- Travel size = 1.4m x 10cm x 10cm, weight = 0.5kg
- Rugged umbrella structure with side flaps for full cover protection
- Top wind vents and side zippered windows for efficient airflow
- Maximum sun protection UPF 50+ and water repellant
- 210 D Polyester material that protects over 99.5% of UVA and UVB rays
- Internal pockets for stakes, valuables and gear
- Includes convenient carry bag plus tethers and ground stakes for extra stability.
- U.S. Patent Nos. 7,793,674 and D623,844. Other U.S. and foreign patent applications are pending.
The other stress for parents is making sure that your children have a good sun screen on. This has been a complete nightmare for me as every so-called sensitive formula has made my toddlers poor little eyes stream and go red and puffy. Then I happened to be working at QVC the same day as my new summer fairy godmother! Abi Cleeve from Ultrasun. She gave me a tube to try on my daughter and low and behold it is our winning formula. No more streaming eyes, full protection and it’s not even greasy. It absorbs brilliantly and it’s saved our summer. There is a product to suit every skin type so give it a try, it might be the one that saves your summer too.
Love Katy xx